uApprove - User Consent Module for Shibboleth Identity Providers
- The user is informed about the release of his data (attributes) to a Service Provider (SP) when he accesses the SP for the first time or if his data changed.
- The administrator of an Identity Provider (IdP)
- gets a tool that implements data protection laws by enforcing user consent before personal user attributes are released to an SP
- knows when a particular user gave consent to release which attribute and value to a particular SP
From the user's point of view, uApprove is an application which presents him a webpage, on which
- he can globally accept the release of all his/her attributes to any Service Provider
- he has to accept the release of his/her attributes upon first access to a given Service Provider (if the global release has not been approved)
There is a demonstration site, where you can see uApprove in action.
On the page "Select your Home Organisation", choose the entry "AAI Demo Home Organisation" and click on the Select button. Then, you are redirected to the login screen where you can log in using the following credentials:
Username(s): demo[1..50] Password: demo
Please consult the README file for license, issue tracking, source access information.
Comments & questions to email@example.com.