The three most recent media releases are shown below. A full list can be found under "All media releases". All content (including excerpts thereof) may only be used if SWITCH is cited as the source.
Sep 1, 2016
SWITCH wins tender for .ch
Success for SWITCH: the Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM) has chosen the foundation in a public tender to operate the registry for the top-level domain .ch. According to OFCOM communication, its candidature stood out for the...
May 19, 2016
Swiss Ransomware Theme Day
Together with partners, the Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance MELANI is organising an awareness day for ransomware today. The participants include organisations from various sectors, software manufacturers,...
Apr 15, 2016
NZZ.ch unavailable due to error
Due to an error made by SWITCH during routine testing, the Neue Zürcher Zeitung (NZZ) website was unavailable for two hours on Friday afternoon.
SWITCH at a glance
- The SWITCH foundation is a partner of the Swiss academic community. It develops Internet services for teaching staff, students and researchers and supports universities in implementing new technologies for learning and for collaboration in education and research.
- SWITCH operates the Swiss academic network.
- SWITCH plays an active part in international research networks as well as various technological initiatives and projects.
- SWITCH brought the Internet to Switzerland and is responsible for registering domain names ending in .ch and .li, which are considered to be among the most secure in the world. It is represented worldwide in the leading Internet organisations.
- SWITCH supports Swiss businesses in the fight against cybercrime.
- SWITCH is a foundation under private law with around 110 staff.