Getting prepared for the cloud
Cloud-based IT services are becoming a norm for higher education, providing researchers, faculty, students, and administrators alike with the tools that they need in order to do their work. But there are many challenges to cloud adoption, including transitioning the traditional IT department and IT workforce to select, adopt, and support cloud services. To help institutions understand and address these issues, the ECAR-CLOUD Working Group is developing this series of seven papers, Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud.
- An Introduction to Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud
- Developing Cloud-Aware IT Governance
- Transforming the IT Organization
- Building a Migration Plan
- Operationalizing the Cloud
- Cloud Awareness and User Support
- Cloud on the Horizon
Cloud-based services are very diverse and range from free Internet services to IT outsourcing solutions. As diverse are the contractual agreements. Here you can find two papers, one about cloud contracts (regulatory requirements and approach) and a very helpful cloud computing checklist.
- Cloud Verträge – Regelungsbedarf und Vorgehensweise (German only)
- Cloud Computing – Checkliste zum vertraglichen Regelungsbedarf (German only)