If you have an innovative idea for an AAA/SWITCH (e-Infrastructure for e-Science) project:
- Develop your project idea
- Discuss your project draft (you may use the project description form) with the contact persons of the participating institutions (every project partner with its own contact person)
and email@example.com (Christoph Witzig, Petra Kauer-Ott).
Please submit advanced drafts not later than 2 weeks before the competitive deadline.
- Your idea, entry into the scope of AAA/SWITCH, available funding and possible own contributions will be checked and you will receive feedback (iterative process).
- Send your definitive application (project description form) to firstname.lastname@example.org and the contact persons of the participating institutions
(deadlines competitive bid: March 31 and September 30).
Send also a signed version of your project description by regular post to Ch. Witzig & P. Kauer-Ott, SWITCH, Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zürich.
- Your contact person(s) and SWITCH will (hopefully) support your project idea.
It will be then classified as "university project" or "competition project".
- Approved university projects may start immediately after a positive decision and the allocation of a project number
(approval letter to project leader with Cc to contact persons of participating institutions).
- Projects participating in the competitive bid will be evaluated by the PWEG.
- The PWEG will send their recommendations to the funding authorities (SUK/SBF, ETH Rat, KFH/BBT).
- Only for cantonal universities: CRUS will send a request to the SUK.
- The funding authorities will (hopefully) authorise your project.
- Each funding authority informs SWITCH about the decisions.
- SWITCH informs the project leader and the contact persons of participating institutions about decisions, conditions and allocation of a project number
(and you may start your project about 4 months after the application --> in August / January)
- Please respect the deadlines for the applications (competitive bid): March 31 / Sept 30.
- ETH contributions must pass through the competition.
Please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com and the contact person of your institution if you have questions about AAA/SWITCH projects and procedures.