SWITCHcast helps research and teaching staff to create video and audio content for educational purposes (lectures, communication courses etc.). The software-based SWITCHcast Recorder is a unique tool for recording lectures in dual-video format. This is very helpful for students, who can watch the lecturer and the accompanying presentation (slides) as separate videos. Teaching staff can also use the Recorder to record communication courses in "kiosk" mode.
Recorded files are uploaded to the SWITCHcast servers for editing. The editing software supports functions such as cutting scenes and editing metadata.
Lecture recordings or simple videos can be quickly fed into learning management systems (LMSs) like Ilias or Moodle using special plugins. Where no LMS is available, SWITCHcast allows you to share videos with specific individuals or publish them for general viewing. The playback platform is the new video portal SWITCHtube.
Services at a glance
- AAI-protected video management system
- Recording software for lectures and communication courses
- Video editing (cut, edit metadata)
- Video annotation
- LMS integration with existing plugins
Benefits for users
- Professional production environment
- Total control over publication
- Guaranteed data protection
Benefits for universities
- Centralised production on AAI-protected platform
- Reduced workload for multimedia productions
- Secure and reliable infrastructure
- Technical support by SWITCH