SWITCHfilesender is the best way to send large files up to 50 GB. The web-based service couldn't be simpler:
- Start SWITCHfilesender in your browser.
- Log in (using your AAI or voucher login).
- Upload your file to the protected SWITCH cloud.
- Enter the recipient's e-mail address.
- Send the file.
The recipient then gets an e-mail containing the download link.
All university members can send external users a voucher for a single use of SWITCHfilesender. The voucher is valid for a maximum of 20 days and permits the holder to send one file.
Unlike comparable web-based services, SWITCHfilesender runs in the protected SWITCH cloud. Files are stored exclusively at SWITCH's data centre in Switzerland and deleted after 20 days at the very latest. If you want to store files in the SWITCH Cloud with no time limit, SWITCHdrive is the service for you.
Services at a glance
- Secure, web-based service for sending large files
- Maximum number of files per upload: 1 (tip: create a ZIP archive)
- Maximum file size per upload: 50 GB
- Maximum number of e-mail recipients: 100 e-mail addresses
- Maximum storage period for files: 20 days
Benefits for users
- Free of charge
- Simple to use
- Secure environment (SWITCH cloud)