AAI Workshop - November 2000
In November 2000, SWITCH organised a two day workshop on AAI.
Date & Location
Monday 20. Nov 2000 (afternoon) - Tuesday 21. Nov. 2000 (lunch)
Agenda & Presentations
The detailed agenda
includes links to
the slides of most presentations given at the workshop.
- Brief introduction into AAI terminology
- Presentations of projects requiring AAI
- Presentations of AAI pilot activities
- Brief presentations of possible technical solutions
(no extensive vendor presentations planned)
- What does the academic community in other countries?
- Brainstorming: What should be achieved by when?
- Next steps
- Creating awareness for the need to establish a common authentication and authorisation infrastructure (AAI) within the Swiss academic community
- Identify the roles and players in a AAI covering the Swiss academic community
- Streamline the AAI-activities already being undertaken right now
- Identifying the needs for co-ordination tasks and clarify the role of SWITCH
- Representatives of all parties involved in designing and implementing processes relevant to AAI tasks within the Swiss academic community. In particular, representatives from both the administrative and edu/research IT departments were invited to attend.