As a follow-up activity to the AAI Workshop from November 2000, an inter-university working group was formed in early 2001. The goal of the group was to draft a possible way forward towards a solution for coordinated inter-organizational authentication and authorization for Swiss higher education.
|The results are documented in a four pages paper titled:|
|Concept for an electronic Academic Community in Switzerland and the creation of a common Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI) for the Swiss Higher Education System|
|Download the document (Sept 2001) as PDF: english - deutsch - français|
That document was presented to CRUS (Conférence des Recteurs des Universités Suisses), which encouraged SWITCH to take the lead in pursuing the AAI-Concept.
Members of that inter-university working group were
- Dr. Serge Droz, PSI
- Christoph Graf, SWITCH
- Gerhard Hassenstein, University of Applied Sciences Bern
- Christian Heim, University of Bern
- Thomas Lenggenhager, SWITCH
- David Meier, University of Zurich
- Dr. Jacques Monnard, University of Fribourg/Swiss Virtual Campus
- Dr. Alexandre Roy, University of Lausanne
- Hansueli Sonderegger, University of Zurich
- Prof. Dr. Christian Tschudin, University of Basel