Phase 2: Technical implementation
In this phase a technical specification is derived from the adoption concept of phase 1, which can then be implemented and tested. The specification and implementation phase may overlap the preparation of phase 3 (user transition).
The required building blocks below strongly depend on the chosen adoption concept. Only some of them needs to be implemented by an organization.
0. Preparation - request customized checklist from SWITCH:
SWITCH has prepared three checklists that are specifically set-up for each organization
- List of technical tasks to be completed by SWITCH and/or the organization
- List of attibutes to be supported by the organization
- List of critical SPs that are to be tested using the edu-ID staging IdP
SWITCH provides these checklists in a shared SWITCHdrive folder. Completed tasks can then be jointly checked by SWITCH and/or staff of the migrating organization.
1. Implement a linking service to onboard organizational members:
Implement one or more local web applications to get the edu-ID identifier of organizational members.
1.a) Choose the best moment in the organizational IdM process (at least one of the following):
- Extension of existing and development of new registration forms (linking at registration)
- Add account linking service (linking at admission or linking after admission)
1.b) Choose an implementation method:
- an organizational registration page (for linking at registration)
- an organizational linking service - with SAML or without SAML
- (manual linking via email for special purposes only)
2. Implement attribute synchronization from organization to edu-ID:
Testing and deployment of implementations together with SWITCH.
- Testing of synchronisation of attributes
- Testing log-in to services via edu-ID IdP