Trust & Identity WG Meeting
and SWITCH edu-ID Update Event 2020
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020
Location: University of Berne, Hauptgebäude H4, Kuppelraum 501 or VC
Registration: here (until May 8)
NOTE: It's possible we can't meet in Berne because of COVID-19. In this case we will provide instead the possibility to participate in an online meeting in the morning from 9:00 - 12:00 including a break.
Please save the date as whole day event anyway in your agenda, register as usual and indicate your preferences for lunch.
We will inform as soon as possible whether the event will take place in Berne or online.
Welcome coffee between 09:45 - 10:15
Program from 10:15 - 15:40 (online 9:00 - 12:00) including coffee and lunch break
15:40 – 16:30 Individual discussions with SWITCH
Preliminary Meeting Topics
with indication of potential target groups.
- Where to find useful information
- Secure E-Mail Gateway - functions, implementation, experiences at ZHAW
- Online identification/verification services - interest & use cases
- Reform of data protection law and changes in service description
- Status of P5 programm
- SWITCH edu-ID & other initiatives (SLSP; educa/edulog)
- e-ID perspectives & activities in other countries
For Universities with interest in Microsoft / Office 365:
- Kerberos/SPNEGO for edu-ID IdP
- Office365 with multiple email domains
For IdP Administrators with own IdP:
- GCM/CBC encryption in IdPv4
- Roadmap IdP versions (IdPv4/v5) and future documentation
For SP and IdP Administrators with own IdP:
- Metadata Data Query (MDQ) on the watch list
For Home Org Admins with edu-ID, IdP hosting customers & SP Administrators:
- Turn off TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1 support for https
For Home Org Admins with edu-ID:
- Read-only mode for technical accounts
- Handling of duplicates, prevention mechanisms, warnings etc.
- Re-use of email addresses: prevent impact on edu-ID accounts
For RRA & Attribute Policy Administrators:
- eduGAIN enabled services and their attribute requirements - The Attribute Release Inspector in the Resource Registry is your friend
For IdP hosting customers:
- Future of the IdP Hosting Service in the light of the SWITCH edu-ID
Purpose of the data processing
SWITCH processes the data you provide exclusively to host the event. For this purpose, we use your contact details to register for the event. Your surname, first name and company/institution can be used for participant lists, which will be handed over exclusively to the participants of the respective event. If the event involves overnight stays, your arrival and departure dates, possible preferences and, if applicable, payment information will be processed. In the event of catering, we process and use information about intolerances and/or allergies as well as choice of food, if necessary.
Transfer of your data
Your data may be transferred to third parties, such as hotels, lecturers or caterers, if necessary, for hosting the event.
Our events are regularly accompanied by photographers or film teams who take pictures or video recordings of the event. By taking part in an event, you consent to SWITCH using these recordings for the purposes of reporting and advertising for SWITCH and its events. Should you not agree to such use, please inform us by letter or e-mail.
E-Mail contact for this event: email@example.com