Events for IT Services in Lausanne and Zurich
SWITCHengines is the service for self-service virtual machines and storage currently running a pilot phase. SWITCH invites people from the IT services to introduce the service to you in order to ensure that IT services staff are informed before other possible users.
The focus of the presentations will be on technical aspects. Management aspects such as approval process within the institution as well as tariff will be presented to the heads of the IT services at upcoming ASIUS/FID/PH-ID meetings.
For whom is the event?
- Staff members of IT services who have contact to researchers and lecturers within their institution
- Staff members of IT services offering IT ressources to researchers and lecturers
- Staff members of IT services who get (frequent) requests to provide IT ressources to researchers and lecturers
Place and Date
- Lausanne, Université de Lausanne (Amphimax building, room 414): Wednesday, 20 May 2015 9:15-12:15
- Zurich, SWITCH: Wednesday, 27 May 2015 13:45-16:45
- Cloud activities of SWITCH
- What is SWITCHengines?
- Use Cases with SWITCHengines
- Status of the service and roadmap
- Q&A and next steps
There will be a second event mainly targeted on end users (researchers and lecturers) on 2 June 2015 (Lausanne) and on 9 June 2015 (Zurich). The event will also be open to members of IT services.
The registration has been closed.