- Minimum password length: 10 characters
- Commonly used passwords are forbidden. New prospective passwords are checked against various lists of common passwords
- The password needs to be composed of letters and puncutation characters or digits.
SWITCH edu-ID does not enforce ineffective password limitations. No periodic password change is required. No particular complexity is required. The only complexity requirement ist that in addition to lower case letters, at least one uppercase letter, number or punctuation character must be present.
- Choose a long password (> 15 chars). Read these hints.
- Don't re-use a password across multiple websites
- Activate 2-step Login (multi factor authentication)