Are there ways to increase my "speed of discovery"? Is Big Data relevant for my research? Do I have the time, resource or know-how to use it?
We will present you with new perspectives in this special event. SWITCHengines was developed for the needs of Swiss Researchers and is currently enhanced in the SCALE-UP project.
The event addresses those who are loking for better compute and storage infastructure. We will also show you new hot Big Data use cases, developed at HSG and ZHAW. We encourage you to bring your own device to the event and start researching right there.
Due to the interactive nature of the second part, max. 30 qualified HSG researchers and students are invited to attend on a first come, first serve basis.
Date and Place
27. April 2017, 14:15-15:15 h, Room 01/113 Uni St. Gallen
The number of places is limited to 30.
- SWITCH and SWITCHengines at a glance, Konrad Jaggi, SWITCH / Jens-Christian Fischer, SWITCH
- Use of SWITCHengines for Big Data, Prof. PhD Anthony Strittmatter, Universität St. Gallen
- SCALE-UP Project, Patrik Schnellmann, SWITCH
- How to get my Big Data cluster, Dr. Piyush Harsh, ZHAW ICClab
- How we use SWITCHengines at Uni St. Gallen, Christian Lazur, Uni St. Gallen