The FIWARE Community is an independent open community whose members are committed to materialise the FIWARE mission, that is: “to build an open sustainable ecosystem around public, royalty-free and implementation-driven software platform standards that will ease the development of new Smart Applications in multiple sectors”.
The commercial FIWARE node is built on our proven SWITCHengines infrastructure.
As a user of the FIWAREengines commercial node, you get:
- Hosting of your applications in Swiss Datacenters (Zurich & Lausanne) under Swiss Dataprotection jurisdiction
- Connected to the european GÉANT scientific nettwork with 10 GBs
- Scalable, proven infrastructure that allows you to host your applications on VMs with 1 to 16 CPUs, and 1 to 64 GB of RAM
- Choice of huge, reliable storage (object store with S3 and Swift Interfaces or Block Devices from GB to TB in siz) or fast local SSD storage
- A number of FIWARE GE available to run
SWITCH is operating both a commercial and a lab environment of FIWARE.
What is the FIWARE Platform?
The FIWARE platform provides a rather simple yet powerful set of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that ease the development of Smart Applications in multiple vertical sectors. The specifications of these APIs are public and royalty-free. Besides, an open source reference implementation of each of the FIWARE components is publicly available so that multiple FIWARE providers can emerge faster in the market with a low-cost proposition.
What is the FIWARE Lab?
FIWARE Lab is a non-commercial sandbox environment where innovation and experimentation based on FIWARE technologies take place. The Lab is deployed over a geographically distributed network of federated nodes, with SWITCH operating one of them.