SWITCHdrive offers the Swiss academic community a secure alternative to commercial cloud storage services. Files can be stored, synchronised, shared and worked on in collaboration with others – quickly and reliably. SWITCHdrive is easy to use with a browser, desktop client or mobile app.
The academic cloud storage services differs from the commercial ones in one important respect: it runs entirely in the SWITCH cloud. It is connected to the academic network, and access is protected by SWITCHaai or SWITCH edu-ID. All the IT resources and users' files are stored in SWITCH's data centres. This is the best way to meet university members' security needs.
Benefits for IT-Services
- Alternative to commercial cloud storage services developed specially for universities
- Secure and reliable infrastructure, service operated by SWITCH
- User files stored in Switzerland in the SWITCH cloud
- Central support for end-users by SWITCH
- Create and manage SWITCHdrive vouchers for external project members
- Adjust quota of switchdrive users (default 100 GB for all users)
- Create and manage project accounts in SWITCHdrive and assign project owner
- New governance tools improving security management for admins