SWITCH edu-ID for services
- edu-ID can be used to authenticate for
- Server Based Web-Applications
- Browser Based Web Applications
- Mobile Apps
- Supported protocols are SAML and OpenID Connect
- Secure the authentication with Two-Step Login (Multi-Factor Authentication - MFA)
- Identity architecture that protects user privacy by design
- Provides user identities with duplicate prevention
- Provides extensive user attributes to define fine-grained access rules
- Provides user attributes with and without validation
- edu-ID is part of the SWITCHaai identity federation and compatible with eduGAIN interfederation
You have a new services? Consult our getting started guide!
Setting up a new service
Services that use SWITCH edu-ID for authentication are set up as any other service in the SWITCHaai federation. To set up a service to be used by users with a SWITCHaai account and/or a SWITCH edu-ID account follow the guidelines in the SWITCH aai documentation: Shibboleth SP Installation Guide.
Configuring a service for edu-ID (optional)
Services that use SWITCH edu-ID for authentication are configured as any other service in the SWITCHaai federation. Follow the guidelines in the SWITCH aai documentation: Shibboleth SP Configuration Guide.
For edu-ID specific settings please refer to the SWITCH edu-ID configuration hints.