SWITCH edu-ID for services
- edu-ID can be used to authenticate for
- Server Based Web-Applications
- Browser Based Web Applications
- Mobile Apps.
- Supported protocols are SAML and OpenID Connect.
- Secure the authentication with Two-Step Login (2-factor authentication).
- Identity architecture that protects user privacy by design.
- Provides user identities with duplicate prevention.
- Provides extensive user attributes to define fine-grained access rules.
- Provides user attributes with and without validation
- Edu-ID is part of the SWITCHaai identity federation and compatible with eduGAIN interfederation.
New services: check the getting started guide.
Setting up a new service
Services who use SWITCH edu-ID for authentication are set up as any other service in the SWITCH aai federation. To set up a service to be used by users with a SWITCHaai account and/or a SWITCH edu-ID account follow the guidelines in the SWITCH aai documentation: Shibboleth SP Installation Guide.
Configuring a service for edu-ID (optional)
Services who use SWITCH edu-ID for authentication are configured as any other service in the SWITCH aai federation. Follow the guidelines in the SWITCH aai documentation: Shibboleth SP Configuration Guide.
For edu-ID specific settings please refer to the SWITCH edu-ID configuration hints.