You can easily transfer your SWITCHportfolio from your current institution to another, for example when you have become an employee at another institution or when you want to continue to use your SWITCHportfolio as an Alumni.
Before you start the portfolio-transfer, make sure you meet the following conditions:
- The new institution must be in the list of institutions which have a subscription to SWITCHportfolio. You can see this list of institution when you login to SWITCHportfolio.
- You need to have the login credentials of your new institution. If you want to use your SWITCHportfolio as an Alumni, create a SWITCH edu-ID account here.
- You still need to access emails from your current institution in order to confirm the transfer. If you have lost the credentials, maybe because the AAI login have already become invalid, then you cannot transfer the portfolio with this procedure.
- You only have a single SWITCHportfolio and you do not have already created a new SWITCHportfolio at the other institution. If that is the case, the existing, maybe empty SWITCH portfolio needs to be deleted first.
If you do not meet there conditions, get in touch with your local SWITCHportfolio administrator to fix the problem, then start the transfer again.
2. Procedure to transfer your portfolio
2.1 Login to your current institution and select in the main menu the entry "Institution membership"
2.2 Click on the link "Move account" to start the transfer procedure
2.3 Select the new institituion and click on the button "Send request".
2.4 When you click on this button you will be automatically logged out of your current institution. Close the browser window and wait for an email which SWITCHportfolio has sent to your email address at the former institution. Open this email and click on the confirmation link in order to move your SWITCHportfolio from the former institution to the new institution.
2.4 Login to the new institution using your credentials from that institution. This step makes sure that you are indeed able to use the SWITCHportfolio service at the new institution. You may need to accept that some information will be shared between the new institution and the SWITCH service.
2.5 When you login to SWITCHportfolio pay attention not to select your previous institution because your SWITCHportfolio has been transferred and cannot be found there any more.
2.6 Once the transfer is complete, you will get another confirmation email that you have been added as a member of the new institution. There is no need to click any link in this email, because you have already confirmed that you are the authorised owner of your SWITCHportfolio.