Tuesday, 29 August 2017, 10:00 to 16:00
University of Bern, vonRoll area
Cloud-based services are proving increasingly popular in education and research. In addition to already established university internal solutions and SWITCH solutions, external providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google, Microsoft or pure IaaS providers play a more important role. At this SWITCH event key providers and experts will present an update on solutions and user reports.
- Cloud Services: Trends, opportunities and challenges using the service highway, Keynote by Dr. Tom Sprenger, CTO AdNovum
- SWITCH Cloud Strategy, Dr. Christoph Witzig, Head of Infrastructure & Identity Services, SWITCH
- IaaS providers of the GEANT-tender, various speakers
- User reports
- Empowering students and researchers to build what is next with Google Cloud, Brian Gibson, Higher Education & Research Lead for Google Cloud Plattform in EMEA
- Microsoft Office365 Data Protection, Dr. Marc Holitscher, CTO Microsoft Switzerland
- GDPR and Cloud Computing, Floriane Zollinger-Löw, Team Leader Legal & Secretary General SWITCH
- GÉANT-tender advantages and experiences, Andres Steijaert, Program Manager Cloud Services SURFnet
University of Bern, vonRoll area, Fabrikstrasse 6, 3012 Bern, Rooms 003 and 004
The event is tailored to staff and employees of universities in Switzerland who are active in the fields of cloud computing, procurement of such as well as specific applications and application areas.