SWITCHfilesender is the best way to send large files up to 300 GB. The web-based service couldn't be simpler:
- Start SWITCHfilesender in your browser.
- Log in (using your AAI or voucher login).
- Upload your file to the protected SWITCH cloud and the files can be additionally encrypted.
- Generate link to send or enter direct e-mail addresses of recipients.
- Send the file.
All university members can send external users a voucher for the use of SWITCHfilesender. The validity of a voucher link can be set individually (default 10 days) and during this time it can be used for an unlimited number of uploads. However, a limitation to one upload can also be set.
Unlike comparable web-based services, SWITCHfilesender runs in the protected SWITCH cloud. Files are stored exclusively at SWITCH's data centre in Switzerland and deleted after 10 days at the latest (default) or up to a maximum of 60 days. If you want to store files in the SWITCH Cloud with no time limit, SWITCHdrive is the service for you.
Services at a glance
- Secure, web-based service for sending large files
- Multiple files can be uploaded at the same time. The 300 GB limit applies to all files together.
- Maximum file size per upload: 300 GB
- Maximum number of e-mail recipients: 50 e-mail addresses
- Maximum storage period for files: 60 days (10 days default setting)
Benefits for users
- Free of charge
- Simple to use
- Secure environment (SWITCH cloud)