SWITCHfilesender is the best way to send large files up to 300 GB. The web-based service couldn't be simpler:
- Start SWITCHfilesender in your browser.
- Log in (using your AAI or voucher login).
- Upload your file on the protected SWITCH infrastructure and the files can be additionally encrypted.
- Generate link to send or enter direct e-mail addresses of recipients.
- Send the file.
All university members can send external users a voucher for the use of SWITCHfilesender. The validity of a voucher link can be set individually (default 10 days) and during this time it can be used for an unlimited number of uploads. However, a limitation to one upload can also be set.
Unlike comparable web-based services, SWITCHfilesender runs on SWITCHengines. Files are stored exclusively at SWITCH's data centre in Switzerland and deleted after 10 days at the latest (default) or up to a maximum of 60 days. If you want to store files with no time limit, SWITCHdrive is the service for you.
Services at a glance
- Secure, web-based service for sending large files
- Multiple files can be uploaded at the same time. The 300 GB limit applies to all files together.
- Maximum file size per upload: 300 GB
- Maximum number of e-mail recipients: 50 e-mail addresses
- Maximum storage period for files: 60 days (10 days default setting)
Benefits for users
- Free of charge
- Simple to use
- Secure environment (SWITCHengines)